Monday, November 16, 2009

Lotion

A couple weeks ago, my hands were crazy dry, soon to have skin splitting and bleeding, as typically happens during the winter. I was putting moisturizer on each day, which made it feel ok for a while until I washed my hands. Meanwhile had to be careful which parts of the hands it got on, since I don't like touching things through lotion. I had to buy some more. I decided to experiment. Aveeno was about $9 for a small bottle. Many others were around $5 for a larger bottle. Some generics were as low as $3. I decided to try the fancy stuff, to see if there was any actual value behind the much higher price.

And lo and behold, it appears there is! This stuff actually feels better, as well as seeming to actually improve the skin it is on rather than just temporarily covering it. Of course there is some chance that changes in weather or other uncontrolled factors contributed, but overall I'd have to say I'm a somewhat surprised but impressed convert. (still, we'll see how the rest of winter goes)

2 Comments:

Anonymous silvenwolf said...

I have to say that out of all the different lotions I have paid for to soothe the ezcema Aveeno is the only one outside of Moo cream that I think is worth paying the extra for.

Unfortunately my cats love shea butter, so then they spend the next 10 minutes licking it off.

7:44 a.m.  
Blogger Carminochan said...

Try Glysomed if your hand cracks/bleeds too badly.

Though, I would suspect you wouldn't like the extra oily lotion feeling...

I usually put it on at night so I sleep through it. I find that it heals dry skin very well.

12:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home