Friday, October 16, 2009

Regarding Sears

Ok, so I've decided to share my thanksgiving experience...

on monday i went to Sears at North Hill to exchange or return something i bought the previous weekend. Looked around, couldn't find something to exchange it for, so I returned it. Then, someone twisted my arm behind me and locked me up in a small room and said i was being arrested for fraud. they said i picked it up in the store and tried to return it. Eventually the actual police came, talked to me and talked to them back and forth, and looked at the video, and decided it didn't show anything so let me go. but I'm still banned from Sears for 2 years.

Even though i knew the video couldn't show that i did anything since i didn't do anything, it was still so stressful and really shook me up, even days later. Don't really feel that safe anymore.

Part of me wants to see what their rights are and what my rights are and what legal recourse there is, i mean they shouldn't be allowed to treat people that way. part of me wants to write a letter to that company or that store manager about the incident. but most of me just really wants to forget about it.

i went home to recover for a while, then went to a friends house and watched a cartoon as we had planned before. i needed a cartoon.

anyway it's over now, leave it behind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is scary... I shop there once in a while. Makes me want to rethink my shopping habits.

Carol

3:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Chir said...

Holy crap!

1:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home