Thursday, June 11, 2009

hike/paddle

Got to do two good things in one day. Just went to powderface/prairie creeks, didn't have too much time by the time we left the city. Had to cross a creek with no bridge, but the water wasn't insanely cold and the rocks weren't too slippy or uneven. Companions soon ran off, so now hiking alone I decided to make it more interesting and take off into the wilderness. Kept moving fast but seemed to make slow progress. Had "mantracker" in my mind, I was leaving an enormously clear path but going through terrain horses could never follow. Got arms and legs covered in tiny scratches from tree branches, but still fun enough. Also reminded me a little of wandering lost into the borneo rainforest with mustafa, though the fauna's completely different. The route often got bad, with the creek cutting into the cliff and having to ascend a lot to get around it, and eventually seemed to be becoming worse with no exit so I gave up and returned to the path. Mantracker would have got me then.

Back in town went paddling. Too bad it takes so long to transport and assemble the outriggers. I got to try the "new canoe" while there, and discovered it sucks, hopefully it's just temporary. Paddled for about the same duration as the dragonboat practice, was so nice finally to be out on the water on a beautiful day.

Thanks to someone mentioning "dipped cone" in the car, I had a craving, and swung by dairy queen for one. Saw some dragonboaters from another team there. Chatted a little, and as I finished my ice cream and left I called "good to see fellow athletes treating our bodies right!" Soo bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home