Friday, October 10, 2008

San Fran

Don't have much to say about the races themselves... We came in the middle of the pack for all our races. Overall I wasn't too impressed with the venue, it's essentially a parking lot, with industrious background scenery. Some decent organizing at least, like having a host team help us out, and nice shuttles from chinatown. It was a bit chilly, as the wind is nonstop there.

The best time was the team dinner sunday evening... didn't care much about the food, but was awesome fun hanging out and laughing with everyone. Went out for a while afterwards too. Other top times were times with teammates, regardless of activity.

I also quite liked being at chinatown. Walked around there when I was by myself before the team showed up, and wandered around with teammates on a couple occasions. Good inexpensive food, and a mango slushie when I craved one.

Hanging out with a few people for my extra few days had its ups and downs. Discovered how inefficient it can be, I got way less done than I had planned. But those things I did do were way more fun with people than they would have been alone. With those particular people though, it was interesting watching people get a bit stressed and frustrated with each other.

Other things I saw/did: Asian art museum, took cable cars, dined at pier 39, ate at Ghirardelli's, went up coit tower, biked across golden gate bridge, walked and biked lombard st, went to prison (alcatraz), and visited the california academy of sciences and golden gate park. Went on a little public transit adventure too.

Don't think I'd like to live in san fran though. Feels a little too dense. Also the incessant wind would really bother me. but it was a good place to visit once.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah San Fran was a lot of fun! Sorry we missed you guys for the team dinner on Sat night. And I wished I got to try the Ghirardelli's super large ice cream sundae!

Carol

12:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home