Monday, September 29, 2008

Bow Peak

Sunday headed to the mountains for the second time of the year. Headed past lake louise to attempt Bow Peak. Was really squish-boggy for a while, then had to ford a stream (I had found out and brought flip flops). We went crazy fast since one person in our group is like that (on the way down as well, so not just from being more fit). After the pass though, there was no clear route so we all started heading randomly up the rock. We seemed to split up into different paths. Partway up, my strength was really waning (not sure why so soon), and my enthusiasm even more so (crawling over rocks for a couple hours is not really my thing). So I figured it was decision time, and ended my ascent there. Hung out for a while, descended to the pass and explored that area for an hour or two until the others returned, and then the speedy descent back to the car. Overall enjoyed being out in the mountains, but didn't like the routeless scrambling, and would have liked to go at a little more relaxed pace (for reference, calgary outdoor club took 9 hours, we took under 6).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home