Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Madison was mad

Compared to Lincoln, a worse president, but a much nicer town named after him!
(sure, most of us have probably thought about destroying toronto, but none of us would actually do it!)

On the drive from the hotel to the airport alone, there are 4 or more places I'd like to stop and explore (admittedly we're not very close to the airport this time). If you look at a map of the area, there's so much green and blue (representing parkland and lakes of course). With several large lakes, I'm sure I can rent a kayak somewhere. Looks like the only dragonboaters in town are a breast cancer team, but I emailed them anyways. I really hope the radar behaves so I can enjoy this place a bit. I haven't seen much, but it already easily beats lincoln and pueblo, is ahead of grand junction, seems like it'll beat richmond, and maybe after a couple weeks it might even rival portland.

Well, the comparison isn't really fair, they each have their strengths. Grand junction has rock formations, richmond has ultimate greenness, portland has mountains, asianness, and large-townity, and madison has lakes and parks.

Last rotation (Richmond/Lincoln) I made it the entire time without having to go on a single flight. This time, I didn't even make it one day. Oh well, it's not too bad, neat to see the city lights at night from above again. And a kindof fun descent, don't think I've ever changed altitude that quick before (~40 m/s).

Forgot to mention, on the flight down, I had zero checked baggage allowance! Now I think that's going a little far.

And just checked, I could do round trip to san fran for dragonboat for $430, of which $196 is the actual flights. Only 119% tax rate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home