Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Miscellaneous update

In a gas station on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere, Ireland, found a Tim Horton's coffee/donut station. "somehow made me feel a little less far from home..." . Maybe I can be in a commercial.

One thing that continues to annoy me about ireland is how the technology that combines hot- and cold-water pipes into one output faucet has not yet made its way through Ireland. Really annoying. Doesn't seem that complicated.

People here say times like 9:30 as "Half-nine."

Somehow think there's still something I've been meaning to write here for several days but keep forgetting.

At the hotel breakfast restaurant, I was placed in the "corner of shame." It was 'wait to be seated', and they took me all the way across the room to the far corner to a table that was partly obscured by a barrier and partly by a plant and lamp and sat me on the far side of the table. It was totally the corner of shame. But at least the breakfast had pancakes, something I'd been craving. Unfortunately, no maple syrup so it didn't quite satisfy.

In Cork, both times I went to eat restaurant meals I ended up at Thai restaurants I randomly found. There were apparently three Thai restaurants in Cork. No Japanese or Vietnamese. Seemed strange.

Overall, work hasn't felt as bad the past few days as it did the first several. Still would be better to have stayed home. Even health-wise. Not sure yet if I'll stay longer when work finishes or if I'll go home ASAP. Or if I'll even have that choice, they may need me for an emergency in Germany or something.

Getting pretty used to driving. Still have to concentrate though which gets tiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home