Friday, June 13, 2008

Opportunities and conflicts

They seem to go together...
So my schedule shows me in calgary for the summer. So I'm doing dragonboat, steering and paddling. But that schedule has ended up taking my sunday, monday, tuesday. That kindof messes other stuff up (eg sailing lessons) as they're usually M/W or T/R, neither of which is available. If I do the wilderness survival course I was considering, that means no Lethbridge festival (though that's maybe not a big loss) and a few missed practices. Sandi's reception and Victoria conflict. Edmonton's out for all-souls and the start of Yellowstone. I expect we won't do Kelowna. That doesn't leave many races left, just Vernon and Calgary. Don't know what my future schedule holds, if San Francisco in october is an option (and would I spend several hundred to go)?

But now work has other potential schedule changes... Sounds like someone needs to go to ireland to collect some ground data in late June. Not sure how long, but if I'm there I think I'd want to stay a little longer. Another potential job would be to go down to australia to take a part out of the parked plane, again wouldn't want to spend a few days on a plane and not stay there longer. But now both of those situations would interfere with plans/commitments here in calgary. Hmmmm...

Guess I'll just wait until I know more details, and then make a quick decision.

P.S. if I do go anywhere cool anyone want to join me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home