Saturday, June 07, 2008

City Chase 2008

Regular partner J was away, so I substituted J-son.

What a 'miserable' weather day though. But actually it wasn't too bad, didn't rain hard. I just like wearing less/lighter clothes and not swinging from cold to hot and back.

Each year's a bit different, gotta say the first year was still the most fun.

Overall this year was much quicker than previous years. With a 5 easy items scavenger hunt instead of the usual 10 difficult items, and with 22 chasepoints instead of the more limiting 16 or so. Didn't have to travel as far, activities were quicker, we were an hour and a three quarters faster than last year despite barely running at all.

With an asian teammate, there was no concern about having to eat something gross (actually the hot dog with weird toppings was pretty good!). Also discovered the consequences of failing a task can often be quicker than trying to do the task right. None of the tasks were ultra-fun though. I was surprised this partner didn't want to run much between points. Also, looking at the clues and deciding which to go for was also almost entirely up to me. We didn't do the calgary tower stairs this year which is one I actually look forward to for some reason.

A friend got injured today and doesn't plan to do this again in future years, that's too bad.

Had a long time to wait after the finish line before the door prizes, but I invited over a couple people we met on the race while waiting for our hot dogs, and we hung out with them a few hours. Really enjoyed chatting and laughing for quite a while, but then somehow things seemed to change, and by the time I got home I was feeling far worse than I have in a really long time. A little hard to explain why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home