Friday, August 31, 2007

2 for 1

There's a japanese restaurant across the street from work. but I don't find them that good. So I was only gonna eat half my order. So I used a "2 for 1" coupon, and ate half of both orders, thereby getting a full meal. Follow my logic?

In the hands of the wrong person, a 2 for 1 coupon can be as deadly as a gun... Went to cinnzeo, they have cinnarolls and pecarolls, so I decided to use the coupon to get one of each. But they didn't have any pecans, so the clerk offered to just give me caramel on top of a cinnaroll and charge me for the cinnaroll. She asked if I wanted big or small, I chose big, but big weren't ready, so she offered to give me two small instead, so I accepted. She picked out four, then totally drenched two of them in caramel. Oh my god, I'd have probably gone into shock if I had eaten them all at once!

I've got two 2 for 1 ice cream coupons for eau claire. And, Chris is in town! With his wife... so that's three of us... so chris and his wife can use one coupon, and I'll use a coupon to get two for myself :P

Actually I remember chris doing that once, seven or eight years ago probably, we were both working downtown and him me and batri met up in TD for lunch, and chris had two yogen fruz coupons so batri and I shared one and he used one for himself, and was going to make his coworkers jealous :) I didn't have my wallet, so I let batri pay, then I owed him $2 so when I got back to my office/wallet, I used a thick permanent marker to write "BATRI" on a toonie, but I didn't see batri again for months and eventually the batri toonie disappeared, must have spent it :) Maybe someday the batri toonie will make its way home to batri.

That would be interesting actually, to follow the travels of a coin. I was going to do something like that on my costa rica trip, I had a photo and I was thinking of leaving it in an airport with a note written on the back, and hopefully she would travel from airport to airport around the world, logging her destinations, and perhaps one day when she'd had enough, make her way back home. But I didn't do it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Basically, you ordered 2 Banzai Meals, ate one, and threw one away.

Sheesh, think about the poor children in 3rd world countries starving. The least you could do is pack the food home.

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

Should know I waste less food than most people, including yourself. Perhaps you should not be so quick to criticize.

11:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home