Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Weekend

Couple things to chat about from the weekend...

Saturday evening was a nice gathering at bob's place. Although only 3 people were confirmed attendence, we managed to get 7 (though with Jared's directions, we're lucky Jan actually found the place!). At Shikiji beforehand, I was the only confirmed, and it looked like I'd be eating alone, but Patty and Greg eventually showed up. Unfortunately they still didn't want to share any of the weird things I had ordered. I got some Tako Yaki cause it was listed as 'wheat balls with octopus bits'. Turned out not bad, but not great. Also I ordered some sake... I'm not sure why, I just really felt like it, even though I knew there was about a 1% chance I'd actually like it. And of course I didn't, but it wasn't as bad as most things. I still drank it cause Greg and not even Patty helped me.

My Tai Chi place was volunteering to do breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the drop-in centre this sunday, so I went down to help at 5:30 AM sunday. (went to bed at 2 AM, so I was a little tired) Overall I have mixed feelings... I've helped at the drop-in centre on a couple other occasions. The mixed feelings are that the meals there are actually pretty good. Seriously, people there are probably eating better than a lot of university students. Which doesn't quite seem fair. I think the drop-in centre should be providing very basic food, like enough to nutritionally keep you alive, but it doesn't really need to be quality tasty food. If they can do good food for the same cost and effort as 'efficient' food, then that's great, but I hope they're not expending extra resources that could be put to other use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home