Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Alternative

Got the response from JET today. I'm an alternative, meaning that if some of the people they want turn them down, I might get in. They say I'll know by the end of september.

I think it'll be more of a shock, if not disappointment, to people I know than to me. People would always say "When are you going?" and I'd say "I don't know if I am going, I'm not accepted yet," and they say "For sure you'll be accepted." Sure, I thought I'd get accepted, but was aware of the very real possibility that I wouldn't. Other people seemed blind to that possibility.

Anyway it's kindof a pain in the butt, cause I can't even make other plans since I might still get accepted later. And despite the people who will still say "for sure you'll end up getting accepted later," I had better start looking into what else I will do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silvenwolf said...

I hope for your sake that someone does have to drop out so you can go. You were looking so forward to it too...

(Not that it's a particularily friendly wish but it is possible someone may drop at the last minute.)

7:09 p.m.  
Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

I get the feeling that JET puts a lot of people on the alternate list just to spare their feelings. I know they do turn some people down outright but it does seem like a lot of people who do end up going to Japan started out as alternates!

9:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home