Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A longest trip

So, the plane is planning on being in australia till end of april, then in maintenance for 2 weeks, then go to sarawak for second half of may and all of june. Someone doesn't like working in asia, so the manager was suggesting one of us could try doing the whole malaysia time. I suggested maybe I could go at at the regular time (mid april) and finish australia, then do my own thing during maintenance, then go to malaysia for the whole time. Then try to take a bit more time home after it. Now that I look at it, that would be about 12 weeks away from here. So not sure how I feel about it. And I don't know if I would definitely get a longer time off afterwards, because of the staffing situation being minimal, a long time-off for one person means a long time-on for someone else (or short time-offs for multiple people) which might not be too fair. And maybe I would get burnt-out and miserable working for such a long time, but I guess I won't know that till it comes. Depends what this malaysia location is like. I think in KK a year ago I could have stayed there many more weeks, whereas KL a few months ago I wouldn't want much more time. Anyways now that I've said it, the manager has formulated a sortof plan regarding that. I've been looking at a calendar trying to figure out what would be best. I guess if this goes ahead as planned, it would work out best as far as dragonboat goes. That's the main thing I'm thinking about. It's times like this (meaning summer-times) that I really don't like having a field job. Wish I could be in town all of June-July-Aug-Sept then go back to field work. Oh well. Even the rest of the time there's a bunch of things I miss out on, but some benefits I get, it's all a balance that leans to the positive side more often than the negative, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home