Thursday, March 19, 2009

Humanzee

Every once in a while it seems too bad that morality gets in the way of curiosity. I was just reading a little regarding the potential of chimpanzees and humans to interbreed. Sure I like Chimps, Bonobos and Gorillas, and even consider them superior to humans in a general sense, but I wouldn't want to mate with one. But still, I'd be curious to see the results. Apparently Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov tried to make it happen in the 1920s, he artificially inseminated three female chimpanzees with human sperm. Unfortunately none of them got pregnant. He was going to try chimp sperm with human females, but then logistics of having mature chimps available, as well as political pressure, put those plans on ice. Nowadays, I can't imagine even suggesting it without thousands of Mrs. Lovejoys screaming "won't somebody please think of the children" while men in suits and sunglasses calmly ransack your lab. Anyways, if you're female, fertile, and are willing to move far away and act illegally in the name of knowledge, let me know and we'll see if we can make some magic happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home