Thursday, January 22, 2009

Overseas volunteering

Thinking I should do some volunteering overseas during my time off. Not too sure what organizations to look into though.

Most obvious one I suppose is habitat for humanity. But wow, I'm shocked, do you know how expensive it is? I knew you'd have to make your own way there, but somehow I thought that while volunteering with them, food and dorm would be provided or somehow discounted. But it turns out, besides making your way there, it usually costs around $2000 for 2 weeks of being there! Quite surprised, as finding your own hotel and food would come out much cheaper than that. Anyways, think I will have to look elsewhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAP has volunteer adventures. Should go to their store and talk to them, you are so close by.

Carol

9:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home