Monday, January 05, 2009

Best couple days of the year

Of course, that's not that impressive of a claim since it's only day 5. But still.

Saturday was the "everything at once" day. Brother's last day in town, gathering of one group of friends I hadn't seen for ages, gathering of another group of friends I hadn't seen in ages.

So I stayed at the parents overnight and hung out with him in the morning, but he had packing and stuff to do that day anyways. Went home and cleaned myself up and went to the E-block group gathering. It was, ummm, different. Seems we were mostly just sitting around watching the babies that have appeared in the last year or two. Conversation and generally the fun "groupness" didn't seem to be around that much anymore. Maybe it's time to admit that group isn't really a group anymore. Still had a nice time with certain individuals. Also a little odd feeling to be around someone who used to be your best friend but now have drifted completely apart and barely know each other anymore.

Left to move on to the dance group gathering. Some new people too, and the type of people always with that group are people I immediately get along with and like to be with. So I really enjoyed it. Left at 11pm to meet and see my brother off at the airport. Even though several people were leaving the party by that time, I went back there after the airport. Figured this sort of thing happens so rarely it's worthwhile. Was surprised how many people were still around. Played a couple rounds of MJ then the rest were on their way out. But H's car wouldn't start! G couldn't boost it, so we tried my car since it's newer, but still no luck. So, tried AMA. Said there'd be 2hr wait, I didn't want to stay that late so we canceled the call. H wanted to take his battery home to charge, so while he was doing that, I got convinced to play some halo. When he finished, he got convinced to join in halo. After several "one more round"s, a few hours had passed! It was awesome, can't believe I stayed up that late. Feeling ill and almost zombie by that point, finally left, took H home and got to bed at 6:30.

Up again at 9 in order to go to the temple, hadn't been in so many weeks, and it's solar new year, so didn't want to miss it. Unfortunately, didn't find time to get a nap as I had to do a couple errands and get food going for the gathering I organized at my place. Dinner turned out pretty well. Then got into MJ. Shuffling was so noisy, I was worried about condo-neighbours. Finally time to end, as people had to work the next day. But once again, car troubles! This time, G&E, but the symptoms were different and it seemed it would need towing. Again call AMA, estimate 3 hour wait but this time have to do it or it'd be illegally parked in the morning. Passed some time at bubblemania, but eventually it was just G&I back waiting at my condo. Played Oware, Backgammon, and Big 2 (a nice global variety of games) until 4 am when AMA finally showed up (yeah like 70% longer than their estimate). Soo tired, but it was still a good time. (and AMA guy was able to temporarily fix things so no towing, yay!)

Next day, saw a few of them again for wings. May be last time with B&O for a long time, too bad :(. This time, ended with no car troubles! Back home, though I was super tired, still didn't feel like going to bed. Weird. But I guess it's time to return to normal for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home