Sunday, January 15, 2006

Footsteps

On the way to the temple sunday mornings, I walk diagonally across a schoolyard. I always like it when there's a big fresh dump of snow, and my footprints are the only ones to mark the blank slate. Sometimes if I go back and forth a few times in a day or weekend, there ends up being several parallel paths of footprints, while noone else has even touched the canvas. Somehow I just like it. Sometimes I get a little humour out of it, when I return home and see the path I trod on the way there, discovering that even perfectly sober, I don't walk in anything resembling a straight line.

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

I love being the first to walk in fresh snow too! Ahhh... the simple joys in life. If only such small thing could make us happy all the time. We'd be a much happier, content, and fulfilled group of people.

4:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home