Saturday, January 14, 2006

Yokaline!

Ordinary people don't order stuff that they've never heard of, or that everyone they're with have never heard of, or that the waitress has never heard of. But I guess I'm no ordinary guy :)

Went to Dessert House, people had chosen what bubble teas and fruit juices etc they wanted, but I hadn't really looked yet. I wanted something hot, and in the tea section I saw "Yokaline Milk Tea". I said "what the heck is that?!" and Jan said "Why don't you order it?" To many people's surprise, I said "Ok, I will." It was sometime after that that Hua told me one of the chinese characters was "egg".

When the waitress came, I told her I wanted the Yokaline milk tea. She stared blankly. I grabbed a menu and pointed it out to her, and she said "Uhhh, ok." Someone asked her what it was, and she said she'd never heard of it before. Does that mean I'm the first to order it? Do they store this one at the far back of the cupboards? Did the preparer have to just make it up on the spot?

Anyways, my adventurousness was rewarded, I'll probably order it again sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Good job! Always good to try new things.

1:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home