Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What I did in Richmond

Things have been going really well with the radar here, so there hasn't been much urgent stuff, so I've had a relaxing time. Push the less urgent parts into different parts of the day or forget about it till another day.

There was "art in the park", but I mainly just walked around a park. There was an annual asian festival, I said a couple words in indonesian to indonesian people to impress them, but otherwise nothing too exciting there, it was just more like home.

After some stuff at the airport one evening I went cruising aimlessly around country roads. Lots of roadside signs talking about the US civil war. Ended up at "deep bottom", was another reminder why I really want to live by a lakeside someday. Also reminded me of the one downside, an abundance of mosquitoes.

Another day went to Pocahontas State Park. This is the area where the whole John Smith and Pocahontas stuff happened. Just walked around there... picked up trash that had been discarded along the trail, what's wrong with people. Got tired, sat with my laptop and did some work, so much better than in an office.

With pocahontas on my mind, I decided to watch the movie. Unfortunately I ended up with it in Spanish!

While looking for a restaurant, I found the university and wandered around there a bit... so many people out and about, it looked like fun. Though realistically they were probably just going home from studying or looking for food. Still, would be fun to just hang out around there if you had some friends to hang out there with.

Yup those are the thrills of being in the field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home