Friday, May 02, 2008

More Richmond

After my longest stay in calgary since starting my job, coming to the field has it's ups and downs. I haven't been to this part of the world before.

The best way I can describe it is "green". There seems to be so much vivid green here. Everywhere is forest, except for those areas cut out of the forest to make room for buildings and roads. And it's dense deciduous forest. I really like it.

It's also black. You can really tell the difference when you listen to the radio for example, the style of speech and the types of music etc. Otherwise, I don't have much cultural experience here yet.

Walking outside in the evening reminded me of Brampton in 2003, it was so nice. Jogging in the park today I'm not sure what it reminded me of, but was warm and humid and foresty. The river is brown and rocky making white water.

Definitely like the geography here, at least for now. Otherwise I don't really know what this place is like. Yesterday didn't even leave the hotel till a short walk before bed.

Lots of history here, it was the civil war south capital, amongst other claims to fame. Also is simply part of the first developed part of north america.
Would like to stay here longer, but we're probably leaving monday. Can't imagine nebraska will be as nice as here. At least there I won't be concerned about what I'm missing if I don't get to go out and explore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home