Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bike being bitch

Alliteration!

Was thinking how being the end of season, I really should do some bike shopping, as there may be some good clearance sales, even though I won't ride much till spring. Also I wanted to go for a longish bike ride. So I headed westward along the river, planning to stop at Bow Cycle to look around then continue my trip.

As I entered bowness, suddenly the cable for my front deraileur came off, so I was stuck in easy-front with the deraileur out of place and cable hanging. I foolishly left my tool at home. Decided to continue to bow cycle, as I got there they were just about to close the door because of some special event, but luckily I got a guy to spend a minute to fasten it again... not in the right place, but enough that I could use middle gear for the ride home.

So I headed home... along the way, at one point I was surprised as I almost slid out turning on some gravel. But managed to keep control.

Then a few minutes later, I was sortof going sideways down a grass slope to a road and I'm not quite sure what happened, my bike threw me off onto the pavement and landed on top of me. I wasn't too hurt, just scraped hands and knees.

Seems like my bike was really being a jerk today. And trying to emphasize that it wants to retire.

Back home, I visited Life Sport and Ridley. LS had a couple nicely clearance priced. R just had regular price. But, R offers gear/brake service for life, which is really attractive to me, which LS doesn't offer. Soo... not sure. May call them again and see if LS can come closer to R's service, or if R can come closer to LS's price on the similar model.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you didn't get hurt!

Carol

1:38 p.m.  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

I'm invincible!

Actually, even in the moment that I hit the ground I was acknowledging that I was landing in much the same manner that broke my wrist last time.

9:18 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home